I went to the dollar store to see what I could find. I found a simple light weight mop that looked promising. I decided to cut off some of the length of the cotton rag mop ends, spread out the remaining lengths, glue them around the edges of a black plastic plate, attach the plate onto the mop and sew the parts together with black pipe cleaners. After spray painting them black, the rag ends stiffened up. Hopefully they will be light-weight enough for the dancers to use, and sturdy enough to hold up to the dancing. The cost was about $2.50 each. Sure, there was a lot of labor to make them, but that was expected.